Visit the What's new page to find out more about new Workplace features and updates.
The What's New page allows all default admins to see upcoming features for Workplace, as well as the latest features that are available on your Workplace today.
To access What's New, open the Admin Panel. From there, you'll be able to select What's New. You can also access What's New here.
The new Workplace website does not fully support Internet Explorer 11 (IE11). Up until now, anyone using IE11 has remained on the classic Workplace desktop experience.
From February 9th 2021, the new website will temporarily offer a limited version of the new Workplace experience to those who are still using Internet Explorer. This limited version will be available until August 2021.
After August 2021, in line with Microsoft’s decision to stop supporting Internet Explorer, customers accessing Workplace using Internet Explorer will start to experience degraded performance or may be entirely unable to connect to Workplace.
To make sure you have best experience possible on Workplace, we recommend using the most up-to-date version of one of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
Supplier Connect, now on the Workplace platform, is a supplier portal used to track and manage business with Facebook.
New Workplace accounts are being created for some employees at your company who have Facebook Supplier Connect access. All Supplier Connect users will receive emails to set up their accounts. Workplace system administrators will receive an email with a request to review and approve new accounts in order to add them to Supplier Connect. Emails will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com.
We are rebuilding the Workplace Chat iOS app to continue to provide modern and powerful mobile experiences for work. Our app will help improve performance and productivity, while also taking up less space on your phone. We are also introducing new features such as dark mode. The app will roll out over several months.
We're introducing new features to improve your Workplace Chat iOS app.
- Dark Mode
The app is being completely rebuilt from ground up so low usage features may be missing temporarily as they are rebuilt. As part of an effort to improve performance and support your productivity, there are also some low-usage features that have been removed and won't be restored. The list below shows all features that are currently missing and when they will be brought back, as well as the ones are being removed:
Update: 9th November 2020
All missing features we committed to deliver by October have now been restored. We’re continuing to track all customer feedback that we receive, so please keep providing feedback via the app so we can continue to improve your experience with the new Chat iOS app.
|Now available||Will be deprecated|
Search for bots
Send static location
Use bots web views
Use bot quick replies
Send & custom like emoji and keyboard
Use bot action menu
Custom bot replies
Thumbs down react
View DND icon in inbox
Message action suggestions
View all media shared in chat
Modify data settings
Mention @here and @everyone
Automatic photo saving to camera roll
View pending invites
Custom bot replies
People and discover tabs
Search for messages
Edit group color
Search in chat
Custom notification settings
Photo editing for photos sent from your photo library
Setting group descriptions
Edit group descriptions
Improved video calling (including audio)
Photo editing from photos uploaded from your camera
Edit group chat description and image
How can I opt in or out?
On November 4th we started rolling out the new Workplace iOS Chat app to all customers. We expect it to take a week or so for all customers to be upgraded to the new app.
To switch back to the old version of the Workplace Chat app, go to the Workplace Chat iOS post in the Early Access section of What's New in the Admin Panel > Manage early access > Choose No one. Users will not be able to switch back themselves, system admins have to switch back the entire Workplace instance.
If you have been upgraded to the new app, you will no longer have access to switch back to the old version.
It takes on average 1 day to receive the new iOS app or to switch back to the old one. Once your instance has switched over, all users will need to restart the app twice in order to use the different version of the app.When the full roll out comes, users won't need to do anything. You'll receive a notification to inform you that you'll receive the new Workplace Chat iOS.
To provide us with feedback, go to settings in the Workplace Chat iOS app and select Send Feedback.
Currently, there are no plans to revamp the Android experience. We continue to make improvements to the Android experience with new features such as Workplace Rooms coming soon. The only feature not available to Android users is the in-app dark mode.
Workplace’s new website was built to give us a new foundation to improve the performance and accessibility of Workplace, which we know from feedback are important customer priorities. It will benefit from Facebook’s powerful infrastructure, designed to help billions of people around the world stay connected.
With this update we can continue to make performance and accessibility improvements in the future, while introducing exciting features to help colleagues connect and collaborate.
- Dark Mode: helps minimize screen glare and is easier on the eyes, especially for use in low light conditions. You can switch to Dark Mode by clicking your profile picture in the bottom-left, then clicking Display Options, and clicking Dark Mode.
- Full Width Mode: provides a better experience to people using a large monitor by minimizing wasted white space.
- Better post creation experience: we modernized the post creation experience by collapsing the "Add to your post" section to improve focus, and added easier text formatting options.
- Improved Accessibility: in addition to Dark Mode, we have introduced improved focus management, easier keyboard navigation and support for screen readers. To learn more about accessibility support on Workplace, visit our Help Center.
- Faster: using cutting-edge infrastructure components developed at Facebook, the Workplace website is now significantly faster, making it easier for you to find the things you need to get work done.
To help you find your way around the new website interface, here are some features that have moved or changed:
- Group Insights: have been moved under “Admin Options” accessible via the “...” menu in the groups header for a full screen experience.
- Groups admin options: now open as a full screen view with a clearer information hierarchy and visual design.
- Post composer default menu in Groups: you will now see options such as Add a photo/video, check-in or share a feeling or activity. For more options, you can click into the post composer to Add to Your Post.
- Chat menu: we’ve made changes to the interface when clicking the + button in chat. The order of possible actions has changed, for example create a poll is now the last option.
- Events interface: We’ve modernised the Events UI: the Invite button now appears in the upper right corner now as opposed to under event details to make it easier to quickly invite your colleagues to company and team events.
What’s temporarily missing?
A few surfaces do not yet fully support Dark Mode. We’re reviewing each page and will be bringing full support by launch.
What will no longer be available in the new experience?
- Set nickname: to lighten the infrastructure of the Workplace website, we decided to remove the "set nickname" feature that allowed chat participants to set nicknames for one another. We have decided to deprecate this feature on both the Workplace website as well as the Workplace Chat iOS app.
- Picture Polls: due to very low usage, we have decided to deprecate this functionality.
- Quick Help In Product: We have simplified the menu on the new Workplace website and will be removing the in-product Quick Help. You can still click on the Help Center and search there for answers to your questions.
Summary list of features
|What's new||What's changed||What's fixed||No longer available|
|Dark Mode||Group Insights||Attatching multiple files / photos in a post||Set a nickname|
|Wider feed||Groups admin options||Persistent menu "Get Started" button missing for chat bots||Picture polls|
|Better post creation experience||Post composer default menu in Groups||Auto Group membership now called: Who is pre-approved to join.||Quick Help In-Product|
|Improved accessibility||Chat menu||Peer-to-peer Live Enterprise|
|Faster||Events interface||Event creation support in Groups|
|Post-insights are now accessible via the contextual menu at the top right of your posts|
|Creating photo albums in Groups|
|Invite to groups via CSV file uploads|
|Chat timestamps more visible|
|File integrations with Google Drive and Dropbox|
|Ability to attach multiple files to a post and view file previews|
|Formatting while viewing markdown posts in full screen|
|Creating and editing Closed Captioning on videos|
|File integrations with Sharepoint / Onedrive|
|Display schedules in Events|
|Uploading files in the Files tab in a group|
|Camera functionality in Chat|
August 12th - Early access opt-in (New and classic website available): Admins can test the new experience and turn it on/off for their company
August 26th - Early access opt-out only (New and classic website available): New website is launched to all customers. Companies can switch back at any time if they wish.
December 9th - Key missing features available: All missing features, including Topics and Multilingual posts, will be available in new experience.
February 9th - Old website no longer available: Your Workplace will be moved to the new Workplace website and you will no longer be able to access the classic experience. Users of Internet Explorer 11 will be moved onto a limited version of the new Workplace experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m an Admin, how do I turn on / off the new website experience to try it myself?
As an Admin, you can try the new website by turning it on for your own account only. To do this, click on your profile picture in the bottom left-hand corner, then click on "Use improved Workplace website".
I’m an Admin, how do I turn on / off the new website experience for company?
System admins can manage Early Access for the improved website for their entire Workplace via the What's new post in the Admin Panel. Admins can select a start and end date of their Early Access period. The default Early Access end date is set to February 9th 2021.
Can I move my company to the new website before February 9th 2021?
Yes, if you would like to move your Workplace to the new website, please change your Rollout Completion date via What’s New, then select Manage Early Access to your desired date.
I am an employee. How can I go back to the classic website if I don't want to use the improved website?
Before February 9th you will be able to go back to the old website. To do this, click on the profile picture in the bottom left-hand corner, then click on Use classic Workplace Website. You will no longer see this option after February 9th.
When will missing features be available in the new experience?
All missing features will be available by December for you to try before the final transition on February 9th. Will the new website support all features in Internet Explorer?
Some features, including new features such as Dark Mode will not be supported in Internet Explorer. For the best experience on Workplace we recommend using one of the following browsers.