What are the group types on Workplace?
After you create a group you have the option to choose a group type. Group types help organize your groups.
To choose a group type:
- Visit your group.
- Click below your group's cover photo.
- Click Admin Options.
- Click next to Group Type.
- Select your group type and click Save.
Group types include:
- Teams & Projects: Share and discuss updates with your team or project. This group type has an automatically synced chat attached to it, and is closed by default. T&P groups have a group member limit of 250 people. There are no group moderators in this group type, only group admins. Automated group membership isn't allowed.
- Discussions: Give feedback on projects, products or other initiatives.
- Announcements: Share company events, updates to policies or other company wide announcements. Announcement groups have notifications switched on for all users, regardless of member count.
- Social & More: Get to know your coworkers in groups for sports, hobbies or other social activities.
- Multi-Company Groups: Allow people from multiple organizations to collaborate. MCGs can be secret or closed. You can invite people from other companies to multi-company groups. You'll see the option to create a multi-company group when creating a new group.
Note: Adding a synced chat to your group will limit maximum group membership to 250.